Hope in the 2020s
Encouragement for Our Time
Lemuel R.T. Blackett, Cynthia Vacca Davis, Rebekah Drumsta, Trey Ferguson, Brandon Flanery, Matt Kendziera, Kate J. Meyer, David Morris, R. Scott Okamoto, Julia Rocchi, Frank Rogers Jr., Mick Silva, Marla Taviano
Hope is real, and we need it.
This decade is proving to be anything but easy! From early 2020 on, together we’ve faced a global pandemic, horrific acts on Black lives, an assault on the US Capitol, a Russian war on Ukraine, school shootings, inflation, a tumultuous job market, the effects of climate change, toxic religion, social isolation, and burnout. Whew.
We’re all feeling it. So how will you find hope?
In Hope in the 2020s: Encouragement for Our Time, you’ll discover readings that help you understand what hope means and offer a slice of hope to brighten your day. Each of the spiritual storytellers, thinkers, and practitioners offer an antidote, an idea, or some action step that ushers you into hope:
- Finding hope even with lingering trauma or grief
- Examining where things go out of control and what to do
- Overcoming toxicity by broadening your perspective
- Understanding that hope isn’t foolishness, but fuel
- Ignoring the loudest voices and better defining you
- Taking breaks to notice the small things
- Freeing our imaginations to seed goodness.
The 2020s are just getting started, and we’re going to need hope wherever we can find it. Hope in the 2020s offers just a little refreshing water for our time.